Method 1 : Doing the Usual Uninstall of Nod32First of all try running the uninstall tool of nod32 with . For this right click Ese Uninstall tool from start menu and select Run as Administrator in Vista/ Windows 7. Else follow the below step.
- Go to the Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs and run the Nod32 uninstaller from there. For Windows 7 Users type this in the Address Bar of . Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsPrograms and Features it will directly take you to the Add or Remove Programs area.
- Right Click Eset Smart Security / Eset Antivirus and choose Change and choose Remove and continue with the uninstallation Process.
Method 2 : Uninstalling Nod32 with the Nod32 Removal ToolThe removal tool for nod32 is made for situations where you cant uninstall the software by normal methods.
- Download Eset Nod32 Removal Tool .
- Right Click the Nod32 Removal Tool icon and choose Run as Administrator in Vista/ Windows 7. XP Users just need to run the tool.
- Now Restart Your Computer for the changes to take effect. In most cases this method will uninstall nod32 from your system completely.
Method 3: Manually Removing Nod32You should try this method iff the above two method fails. (Here i assume you have installed your operating system in the C drive if not change the drive letter accordingly).
- Start Your Computer in Safe Mode.
- Type Regedit in the start Menu (Xp users press [win] + [R] and type regedit).
- Delete the Following keys one by one.
- (For XP Users) browse to C:Windowsinf and delete the file INFCACHE.1 (Make sure Show Hidden Files andFolders option is enabled from the Folder Options)
- (For Vista and 7 Users) Browse to C:WindowsSystem32DriverStore and delete INFCACHE.1
- Now restart your computer.
- Next Remove the Following folders from your system.
- (For XP Users)
- C:Program FilesESET
- C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataESET
- C:Documents and Settings%USER%Application DataESET
- (For Vista and 7 Users)
- C:Program FilesESET
- C:UsersAll UsersESET
- C:UsersAll UsersApplication DataESET
- Also delete any other eset folders if found. Just do a search for Eset in windows search and you can find any other folder if it is there.